Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year at Pleasantdale Middle School


Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year at Pleasantdale Middle School. My name is Griffin Sonntag and I am excited to begin my principalship here at the middle school in District 107.  This is my first foray into blogging, and I believe it will be a wonderful way for the readers to get to know me.  Much of the communication that will come from the middle school, either via email, Twitter, Facebook posts, etc. will center around timely topics and occurrences at the school.  I hope you'll see themes of learning, growth, social emotional development, mindset, students in action, positivity, events, safety, and procedures.  As much as I would love for you to read everything we put out, I understand the amount of information you receive.  If I can ask anything of you, I ask that you read the emails that come from me, Mrs. Knapik, and your child's teachers. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the source of the information for a better understanding or clarification.

Communication:
Email-most frequent communication regarding safety, procedures, upcoming events, important information
Blogposts-timely topics demonstrating how our strategic plan is being implemented
Twitter @Pdaleprincipal-Snapshots of happenings around the school, quotes, pertinent articles
Facebook-happenings around the school and events

Our new staff at the middle school include:

Miss Maggie McCarter, 5th grade math teacher
Miss Patty Kelly, 7th grade resource teacher
Ms. Jennifer Newberry, physical education teacher
Mr. Alex Blomarz, substituting for Mr. Bell in band and orchestra until he returns, hopefully in October
Mr. Reggie Daniels, Custodian
Ms. Maria Cuevas, Clerical Aide
Mr. Bill Gonio, Instructional Aide
Mrs. Lynne Kafkes, Library Instructional Aide

Mrs. Lauermann (formerly, Mrs. Carnes) got married and is the same dynamic 5/6th grade science teacher this year!

We're only at day 2 with students, but I have already been so impressed by this school!  The thing I am most impressed with is that this is such a caring, dedicated, and child-centered staff who truly want the best for each and every student that enters our school.  I look forward to building relationships, examining procedures with fresh eyes, and working with our students, staff and parents to make positive changes that support our students growth and development!  I welcome your feedback either via email at gsonntag@d107.org or via telephone at 708-246-7609 any time.

Striving together in excellence,
Griffin L. Sonntag
Proud Principal of Pleasantdale Middle School
@pdaleprincipal on Twitter


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pleasantdale 107 Believes Children Learn Best When...#2

Building Learning Capacity: Why a Growth Mindset Matters

Building Learning Environments: Why Learning Environments Matter